ZIP files are mainly used to compress all related files in single folder. WinZip is a tool used to create zip files. These created zip files are stored in .zip or .zipx format. Zipped files not only reduce the disk space, it also provides data security to the user. Hence most of them prefer to keep important data in the form of zipped format. However, sometimes you may face an error message like invalid filename was encountered in the archive when you try to open any file.
Are you the one who faced an error while opening Zipped file? Do you know how to fix invalid filename issue in the archive? If not, then need not worry, you are on the right place. This article introduces a tool named WinZip repair, which explains in detail on how to fix error WinZip invalid file name was encountered in the archive with clear steps. This application is free from harmful threats and viruses. You can make use of this repairing tool to repair WinZip invalid filename issue encountered in archive without any confusion.
Reasons for Invalid filename error in the archive:
- If the name provided for the zipped file is too long or characters provided is not a valid windows file name. In such case, it fails to display the file stating that invalid file name, when you try to open the file to view it.
- Malfunctioning of WinZip application due to missing of some application related files from system drive will make the WinZip file inaccessible throwing an error message.
- Abrupt termination of WinZip application and incorrect path on system hard drive can introduce error messages while accessing WinZip file.
As the above mentioned reasons lead for WinZip file corruption and sometimes results in error invalid file name. If you are eager to know the solution to repair WinZip file which is throwing an error then the best option is to use WinZip repair utility and mend your corrupt ZIP file displaying invalid filename error.
- Don’t interrupt the Zip archive while downloading, it may corrupt and make it inaccessible
- Close ZIP file by using “Exit” option provided in the “File” menu
Excellent features of WinZip Repair Tool:
WinZip repair is a powerful software that will easily fix error WinZip invalid filename was encountered in the Archive. This extraordinary tool is developed with an advanced algorithm, which will perform corrupted, inaccessible, unreadable, damaged WinZip file repair in very less time. It is the best fixer recommended by professional experts in repairing WinZip invalid filename error in archive present on hard disk, USB drives, iPod and on any other storage devices easily. This is a user friendly interface that helps even a novice user to mend password protected and encrypted zipped files without any assistance.
With the help of this program, you can easily fix both .zip and .zipx file formats on all versions of Windows like Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows server 2003 and 2008. This is read only software as it will fix all zipped files without altering the original source file. With the help of demo version provided by this wizard, you can easily know how to fix WinZip invalid filename error in archive with screen shots to avoid confusion about fixing process. If at all after using demo version you find any difficulty in repairing then you can clarify the doubts from our experts.
Steps to fix WinZip invalid filename error in archive:
- Once you download and launch this software, click on "Browse" and choose the Zip file which is giving an error. Then click on "Repair" tab to begin the repair process.
- Once you click on this "Repair" option, a window will pop up indicating the progress of repairing process. Once the process gets completed you can preview the repaired file contents.
- Then, to save this fixed file you need to purchase this WinZip repair software
Fig 1: Home Screen
Fig 2: View File Contents
Fig 3: Save File