WinZip is a reliable desktop application, used to create compressed file format like ZIP. ZIP is a compression technique used to compress one or more large files into a single file; this helps in saving memory space on computer hard disks and to send large files via internet. The main benefit of using this technique is that WinZip files gradually decrease transmission time, the data in them can be password protected and it protects data from deadly viruses. Although having so many features WinZip files are prone to issues like file damage etc.
Errors Encountered while accessing such Damaged ZIP files:
Once a ZIP file gets damaged, it starts throwing many error notifications such as “CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) error”, “Unexpected end of archive”, “File is corrupted, WinZip cannot open it” error, "Expected Zip file header not found" error and many others while accessing the ZIP file. But luckily such WinZip error messages can be eliminated using a reliable repair utility such as WinZip-Repair. This tool will repair damaged WinZip files only in few simple steps. The software provides perfect answer for the question how to fix damaged WinZip files. Here http://www.winzip-repair.com/ you will get complete info about WinZip-Repair tool.
The above mentioned error notifications signify that the WinZip file which you are accessing is severely damaged. Usually after encountering such error messages, you won’t be able to access any of the content present in that WinZip file. If the WinZip archive is very much important, then it results in much hardship for its users. In such circumstances previously created backup can solve your ZIP file corruption problem. However, in case you don’t have an updated backup, then you require WinZip repair utility to perform damaged WinZip file repair and extract all the residing information. It is the most effective tool to repair damaged WinZip files.
WinZip Repair Utility:
WinZip repair software is a very well-known and widely used repair utility to fix damaged ZIP file. It rigorously scans your damaged or broken WinZip archive and repairs WinZip archive in few minutes; this wonderful repair application easily mends and recovers all data present form the damaged ZIP file. The software uses advanced built in algorithms to fix damaged WinZip file created on any version of WinZip application. The program works by scanning the damaged WinZip file and copying all the data into the newly created ZIP file, moreover the software works on read only mode that doesn’t do any alteration to damaged files. In this way damaged Winzip file repair process is carried out. Even a novice user who have no deep technical knowledge and doesn’t know how to fix damaged WinZip files can employ this application fix WinZip file.
Attractive features of the software:
- Has the capability to repair encrypted and password protected ZIP file
- Repairs WinZip files of both types such as ZIP and ZIPX
- Fixes WinZip files of size up to 4GB
- 32 bit and 64 bit ZIP archive files can be easily fixed with the help of this tool
- Using this utility you can extract contents from a corrupt Zip file within few minutes
- Allows you to preview and save the repaired ZIP file to your desired destination location
- Has capacity to fix Zip error expected central file header signature not found successfully. To know more on how to fix expected zip file header signature not found error, click here: www.winzip-repair.com/error-expected-central-file-header-signature-not-found.html
- Has a user friendly graphical interface using which even a novice user can fix his damaged WinZip file
- Runs on all Windows OS versions including Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Ability to fix CRC and "not a valid Archive" error with ease. If you are frequently encountering the "not a valid Archive" error then this is the best solution to fix this error. Go to http://www.winzip-repair.com/file-not-a-valid-archive.html and learn how to fix this error.
Few Precautionary Measures:
Backup your crucial WinZip files, so that it can be restored back at times of ZIP corruption / damage. Avoid interruption while downloading or uploading your important WinZip archives. Make use of powerful antivirus application to get rid of viruses from ZIP files. Don’t use any unreliable application to unzip your important ZIP files. Assign password protection to your important WinZip files. Always scan the contents of a Zip file before extracting it on to your desktop or laptop computer. Don’t try to repair damaged WinZip files by yourself, which may result in more damage.
Besides following these precautionary steps, if WinZip file damages then make use of WinZip Repair utility to repair damaged WinZip files.
Learn how to fix damaged WinZip files in simple steps:
1: In order to repair damaged WinZip files download the demo version of the software and install same. Run the app to get a home screen. Click the browse button and upoad the damaged WinZip file to the software and click repair to start damaged WinZip file repair process.
Fig 1: Home Screen
2: Once WinZip damaged file repair process is over, the software will display the contents of WinZip file.
Fig 2: View Repaired Files
3: If the performance of the software is acceptable then you can buy the full version to complete the save process.
Fig 3: Save Repaired Files